1. What is the SAFRA Family Scheme?
The SAFRA Family Scheme is a pro-family initiative launched in recognition of the vital role of family support in the National Service journey. It enables NSmen and their families to enjoy SAFRA membership at nominal package fees so that they can enjoy the wide range of SAFRA facilities and membership privileges together to foster stronger bonds.
2. How does the SAFRA Family Scheme differ from the previous individual Dependent membership?
Under the new scheme, NSmen can register their second and subsequent dependents (spouse or children under 20 years old) at only a $10 administrative fee for each application. As part of a special promotion to mark the launch of the scheme, the $10 administrative fee will be waived until 31 March 2023. NSmen only need to pay a nominal package fee for their whole family to enjoy SAFRA membership. Prior to the launch of the new scheme, each family member will have to pay a fee to sign-up for SAFRA membership.
3. Who is eligible to sign up for the SAFRA Family Scheme?
The SAFRA Family Scheme is open to all past and present SAF NSmen, existing SAFRA Life Members and servicemen who are eligible for SAFRA Associate Membership.
4. Who can I add as a Dependent member under this scheme? Is there a change to the current eligibility requirements?
SAFRA Principal members may register their spouse and children (between 5 to 20 years old) as Dependent members under the SAFRA Family Scheme. There is no change in the current eligibility requirements for spouse and child Dependent members.
5. How do I register for the SAFRA Family Scheme?
6. How do I add family member(s) as dependent member(s) online under the SAFRA Family Scheme?
Adding of New Dependent Members
Simply follow the below steps:
• Enter and register required details of new Dependent member(s)
• Select the Dependent member(s) to be added under the SAFRA Family Scheme
• Follow the rest of the steps as indicated to complete the registration
Adding of Inactive Dependent Members
Select the inactive Dependent member(s) to be included under SAFRA Family Scheme and follow the rest of the steps as indicated to complete the registration.
Kindly note that the SAFRA Family Scheme membership application options for your Dependent member(s) shall not exceed the expiry of your Principal membership and junior Dependent membership shall cease when the member reaches the age of 21 years old.
For more information, click here for "Add Dependent" guide.
7. What is the annual membership fee for the SAFRA Family Scheme?
The total package fee under the SAFRA Family Scheme varies based on your membership category and tenure applied. Click here for more details.
A one-time administrative fee of $10 is applicable for the second and each subsequent dependent member registered. However, the administrative fee is waive until 31 March 2023 as part of a special promotional period to mark the launch of the SAFRA Family Scheme.
8. Is there a limit to the number of Dependent members I can register?
There is no limit to the number of eligible Dependent members you can register.
9. Can I register additional Dependent members for the SAFRA Family Scheme at a later date?
Yes. The membership period of the newly added Dependent member(s) will be matched to the preceding expiry date of the existing Dependent member(s) within the same family.
10. Why is a $10 administrative fee imposed for the registration of each additional Dependent member under the SAFRA Family Scheme?
The one-time fee covers the administrative cost to process the application for each subsequent Dependent member. However, the administrative fee is waived until 31 March 2023.
11. Is there any change to my Principal membership fee?
There is no change to the current Principal membership fees. You are encouraged to sign-up for a longer membership period to enjoy greater savings and more attractive welcome gifts. From time to time, SAFRA also introduces various membership sign-up/ renewal promotions.
12. Can I apply for a pro-rated family package so that my membership and my Dependent(s)’ membership will expire together?
There is no pro-rated package fee. You may wish to select the membership period which is closest to your remaining validity period when you sign-up for your family, where possible.
13. My child is turning 21 years old in three months’ time. Why is my child’s membership expiry date different from other Dependent members?
Your child’s Dependent membership will cease when he/she reaches the age of 21 years old, and therefore his/her membership expiry date may be different from other Dependent members.
14. Will I receive a physical membership card when I register for the SAFRA Family Scheme?
Physical membership cards will not be issued. Members can access their SAFRA e-card via the mSAFRA app, which will reflect their prevailing membership expiry date. For those with child Dependent members, the Principal and spouse Dependent members will be able to toggle to and access their child Dependent(s)’ e-card via the app.
15. Can my spouse sign-up or renew membership for my family members under the SAFRA Family Scheme on my behalf?
No. Only the Principal member can sign-up or renew membership for family members under the SAFRA Family Scheme. It is a requirement for the Principal member to acknowledge the membership Terms and Conditions to complete the sign-up/renewal process.
16. What will happen to the existing auto-renewal arrangements for my Dependent members?
Dependent members with existing auto-renewal arrangements will continue to enjoy the convenience of auto-renewal under the SAFRA Family Scheme.
17. Can I renew my membership under the SAFRA Family Scheme before the expiry date?
Yes. Members may renew their membership in advance before it expires, up to a maximum of 12 years of validity period remaining.
18. Can I use my SAFRAPOINTS to sign-up / renew my membership under the SAFRA Family Scheme?
We are in the process of enabling members to use their SAFRAPOINTS to sign-up / renew membership under the SAFRA Family Scheme.