SAFRA will send out a notification edm/SMS in Nov 2020 for you to manage or update your contact preferences.
NSman first started out as a SAFRA news tabloid published by the SAF Reservists’ Association in 1974. In 1976, it took on the title of The Reservist with its first coloured format and was rebranded to NSman Magazine in 1994.
With over 40 years of presence in Singapore, this bi-monthly lifestyle publication stays true to its mission of bringing relevant stories and updates to readers while continually adapting to meet the ever-changing needs of NSmen.
NSman magazine has been moving ahead to stay aligned to the ever-changing needs of NSmen; from changes in content produced to the NSman application that houses the PDF version of the magazine. The move into a purely digital version in 2021 will help reduce SAFRA carbon footprint as well as staying attuned to the decline of print magazine readership and SAFRA members' preference to access information through the use of digital platforms.
1. Who can read nsman.safra.sg (eNSman)?
2. How is eNSman different from print NSman Magazine?
With eNSman, you can get your favourite updates on the latest lifestyle happenings in and out of SAFRA, now at your fingertips, anytime and anywhere. You will also be getting information on SAFRA membership privileges and offerings that are curated to your needs. And all these interactive multimedia articles and experiences can now be easily shared with your friends and family with a click of a button.
3. Why should I subscribe to the eNSman Newsletter?
4. Who can subscribe to the eNSman Newsletter? Will I be charged for the eNSman Newsletter?
eNSman Newsletter is a free bi-weekly electronic direct mailer available for SAFRA members to subscribe. Otherwise, SAFRA members may visit nsman.safra.sg on their own to get the latest news and updates.
5. If I agree to receive the eNSman Newsletter, will I be opted-in for SAFRA marketing electronic direct mailer?
Subscribers of the eNSman Newsletter will not be included in the mailing list of SAFRA marketing electronic direct mailers. If you wish to receive SAFRA marketing electronic direct mailers, you are able to select that option within the same ‘My Contact Info’ page or visit a nearby SAFRA club to do so.
6. Will I receive the eNSman Newsletter if I am a print NSman Magazine subscriber?
Subscribers of the print NSman Magazine who have provided marketing consent will be included in the eNSman mailing list to ensure continued ease of access to the latest news, commentary, and savvy features straight from eNSman. You will be contacted by SAFRA to update your contact preferences by 1 Nov 2020.
7. Can I choose the email account that will receive the eNSman Newsletter?
eNSman Newsletter will be sent to the email address that is tied to your SAFRA membership (mySAFRA account). You are not able to have a different receiving email account from the registered email account with SAFRA. You will be contacted by SAFRA to update your contact preferences by 1 Nov 2020.
8. Since there is no more print NSman Magazine, can I get a partial refund from the amount that I paid for my SAFRA membership account?
Print NSman Magazine is a free bi-monthly magazine for all SAFRA members who have subscribed for it. There is no cost borne by SAFRA members under the SAFRA membership.
9. Can I choose to stay with print NSman Magazine?
The Nov/Dec 2020 issue will be the last print NSman Magazine. Subsequently, the hard copy version will cease with no option available to continue receiving the print NSman Magazine.
10. I am a SAFRA member who receives SAFRA marketing electronic direct mailers, will I be opted-in for the eNSman Newsletter?
As you have provided marketing consent to receive marketing electronic direct mailers from SAFRA, you will be opted in to receive the eNSman Newsletter. You will be contacted by SAFRA to update your contact preferences by 1 Nov 2020.
11. Previously, when I was receiving print NSman Magazine, I only received one copy even though my family member(s) hold SAFRA dependent memberships. Will they receive the eNSman Newsletter now?
All SAFRA members who have provided marketing consent for electronic direct mailers as of 1 Nov 2020 will be included in the eNSman Newsletter mailing list. If your family member(s) have not opted-in to receive marketing electronic direct mailers, they will not be receiving eNSman Newsletter. Thereafter, if your family member(s) wish to opt-in or opt-out from receiving the eNSman Newsletter, they can do so by accessing the ‘My Contact Info’ page or visit a nearby SAFRA club as stated above in (5).